Full Stack React/Node Developer
About the position
In this role, you’ll be part of a team that will collaborate with a Boston based client in creating an innovative real estate app.
You will be joining a top-notch team located in Medellín and with your capacity of thinking outside the box and expertise in the React/Node stack, best practices, agile methodologies to give thousands of users a new and positive experience.
- We’re a software development firm focused on building great web and mobile apps since 2007.
- We strongly believe output isn’t the ultimate goal. It’s what we build and its impact what matters hence, we love to create successful designs that give users meaningful experiences.
- We master latest front end technologies and we choose interesting and challenging projects. For us, agile is a culture, authenticity, independence and transparency are core values and code quality is as natural as breathing.
- We keep expanding and we are looking for restless, driven people who believe the world deserves high quality apps!
This is how we do it
- For us, quality is crucial in every step of the way.
- We know continuous delivery and ongoing feedback are really important to ensure quality and validate software as early as possible.
- We know the value of automated build and deployment, code reviews and unit testing
- We embrace agile and a friendly learning environment. We have built our own Agile Academy and dedicated agile roles, and it has paid well so far!
- We look for ways to split the work vertically, and we prefer working on full stack teams.
- Our methods and processes are applied in a flexible and pragmatic way. We are always encouraged to use our judgment in order to apply the model and approach that fits the context best.
- UX must be part of the journey. Our designers and devs speak the same language and tools like Sketch or Indesign are common bread.
- We are not afraid to fail, as long as we were able to learn and growth.
- 2+ years of experience in full stack development
- Must have a good conversational English level to communicate with US based clients (B2 and further levels are desirable)
- Living in Colombia and possibility to relocate to Medellin (at the moment we are not considering international relocations)
- Understanding of CI/CD process, tools, and testing frameworks
- Living in Colombia and having the possibility to relocate to Medellin (at the moment we are not considering international relocations)
- You like challenges, and are used to translate the client’s most crazy ideas into a piece of good quality code.
- You don't give up. Instead, you ask for help when needed, and also offer your shoulder if someone else is stucked.
- You are willing to learn new programming frameworks because you are not afraid of trying new tools and thinking outside the box.
- You feel sad for the humanity when you read a bad piece of code, and you understand that automation and continuous integration makes your life easier.
- You like to travel and work with distributed teams, not only in Latin America but also in the US.
- Prepaid Medical Insurance (Sura)
- Exequial insurance for you, your family and pets (Prever)
- Fruit snacks and hot beverages every day at the office.
- Financial support to get certifications and participate in conferences.
- Access to paid online courses and videos. We also buy printed books if you prefer to take a break of a screen device.
- Social events and team building (Beer Fridays).
- Possibility to travel to US and Uruguay. UruIT will cover all your VISA expenses.
- In-house English classes.
- Work from home 2 days per week.
- Flexible working hours.
- Office breakfast on Thursdays.
- Monthly massage sessions.
Get to know us at uruit.com!